LC-3 Experiential Component
One of the requirements of the First Year Program is that students complete a minimum of 25 hours of experiential learning. Here is how those hours will break down for our LC.
1. Visit to Museum of the Moving Image (see below): 3 hours. Go with at least one other student from our LC. Deadline: September 13th. Evidence: Story told in three photos. Hours here. Directions here.
2. Visit to National Museum of the American Indian: 3 hours. Go with at least one other student from our LC Deadline: September 26thth. Evidence: Story told in five photos. Hours here. Directions here.
3. Visit Shomberg Center in Harlem to see the exhibit on the 50th anniversary of the Black Power movement. Hours and address here. Go with at least one other student from our LC. Deadline: Oct. 12th. Assignment: 10-photo story.
4. Two Walking Tours: 3 hours each. Deadlines: Oct 26th, Nov. 7th. Go with at least one other student from our LC. Assignment: Video. We’ll explain this further as the dates approach.
5. See a play in Manhattan. Deadline: Nov. 1st. By yourself is fine; two is more fun. Evidence: review of 200 words or so, we’ll discuss guidelines in class.
7. Film production: 6 hours. Small groups. Deadline: . Nov. 28th.