LC-3 Experiential Component
One of the requirements of the First Year Program is that students complete a minimum of 25 hours of experiential learning. Here is how those hours will break down for our LC.
1. Visit to Museum of the Moving Image (see below): 3 hours. Go with at least one other student from our LC. Deadline: September 13th. Evidence: Story told in three photos.
2. Visit to National Museum of the American Indian: 3 hours. Go with at least one other student from our LC Deadline: September 27th. Evidence: Story told in five photos. Directions here.
3. Visit to museum or exhibition of student’s choice: 3 hours. Go with at least one other student from our LC. Deadline: Oct. 13th. Evidence: Story told in ten photos.
4. Two walking tours: 3 hours each. Deadline: Oct. 27th for first tour; second tour due by Nov. 8th. Go with at least one other student from our LC. Evidence: Video that tells story.
5. Watch one of the four films shown at the Wagner College Foreign Language Film Festival: Wagner College Foreign Language Film Festival; or, watch Bring it to The Table, on 9/22/16 from 6pm to 8pm in Spiro. Evidence: review of 200 words or so, due by Oct. 30th.
6. See a play in Manhattan. Deadline: Nov. 3rd. By yourself is fine; two is more fun. Evidence: review of 200 words or so
7. Film production: 6 hours. Deadline: Four groups of four students and three groups of three students. Nov. 29th.
36-01 35 Avenue
Astoria, NY 11106
718 777 6888
Wed-Thu: 10:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Fri: 10:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Sat-Sun: 11:30 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Free Admission on Fridays from 4-8
1133 Avenue of the Americas at 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
Tuesday–Thursday: 10 am–6 pm
Friday: 10 am–8 pm
Saturday–Sunday: 10 am–6 pm
“Voluntary Contribution” Fridays 5–8 pm